Safety Tech Fire Extinguisher Alarm
Part Number STI-6200
To help stop theft, vandalism or misuse of fire extinguishers.
If you are fed up with replacing your fire extinguishers, this sturdy, self-contained device is the answer. It has proven highly effective in helping stop theft, misuse or vandalism of fire extinguishers. Yet, it leaves the extinguisher accessible for emergencies and does not interfere with fire fighting in any way.
How it works.
If the protected fire extinguisher is moved from its normal position, the device emits a piercing alarm. Also, the highly visible stop sign design and the words "STOP, EMERGENCY USE ONLY" discourages wrongful use. The device is easy to install and a deactivation cable is supplied for ease in servicing the extinguisher. Includes a 9-VDC alkaline battery. Recommended operating range 32°F to 120°F (0°C to 49°C).
- Highly visible "stop sign" design discourages wrongful use of extinguisher.
- Sounds a powerful 105 dB warning horn when activated, drawing attention in a hurry (95 dB low volume setting can be set if desired).
- Virtually indestructible polycarbonate housing.
- Compact patented design 5 in. (127mm) in diameter and 1.875in (48mm) deep.
- Mounts easily next to extinguisher.
- Remote powered 12 VDC model available for special applications (STI-6200R).
- Also available in green housing to comply with newer standards (STI-6200G).
- Deactivation cable provided for service by authorized personnel.
- 9-VDC alkaline battery is provided.
- Lifetime guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate housing (one year on electronic components).
- For fire extinguishers housed in cabinets, refer to STI-6255 Mini Theft Stopper.