Larsen Industries - Fire Extinguisher Cabinets
The Occult Series fire extinguisher cabinets features an attractive door and concealed hinge which combine to give the cabinet a clean, trimless appearance. When the door is closed, it completely covers the cabinet's flange, which is on the outside of the wall surface. The Occult design also is exclusively available with Larsen's hose and valve cabinets.
Box Specification: All units have a cold-rolled steel box with a ¾" wide flange (Occult cabinets with the fire-rated option have a 1½" wide flange and larger overall dimensions - see the table below). The standard color is matte black and white is available, if specified.
Door Specification: The Occult door is 5/8" thick and is available in the Solid or Vertical Duo style - each available with the optional Larsen-Loc®, which provides the protection of a locked cabinet without requiring the breaking of glass to gain emergency access to the cabinet. The concealed hinge is constructed of aluminum with a stainless steel pin and allows the door to open 180 degrees. The standard door material is cold-rolled steel with white baked acrylic enamel, which can be used either as a finish or prime coat. Optional door materials include aluminum, stainless steel, solid brass, and solid bronze. The aluminum door has a satin anodized finish. Clear anodized is standard and a selection of optional color anodized finishes is available. The standard stainless steel door is 304 stainless steel with #4 finish. Solid brass and solid bronze doors feature a standard satin finish with a clear protective coating. Optional polished finishes are available for the stainless steel, brass and solid bronze doors. All standard Occult doors are supplied with a satin finish pull handle with a self adjusting roller catch. If specified, the pull handle can be deleted. Larsen's optional die cast "FIRE" handle can be specified in lieu of the standard pull handle. Some of the more common Occult door styles are pictured; however the full selection of door styles is listed below.
To Specify the Occult Series:
- Use the appropriate prefix for the corresponding door material. For steel - no prefix is required. For aluminum - use AL . For stainless steel - use SS. For solid brass - use B. For solid bronze - use BZ. (If required, specify optional polished finishes for stainless, brass, or bronze).
- Select the required model number from the table below.
- Select the door style (Solid or Vertical Duo) and if required, the optional die cut lettering.
- If Vertical Duo Door is specified, select the required glazing from the chart below. (DSA is standard).
- If required, specify the Larsen-Loc®, which can be combined with the Solid Door or any of the V-Duo Door glazing options listed below.
- The pull handle is standard. If required, specify the option of deleting the standard pull handle or substituting the optional die cast "FIRE" handle. NOTE: The standard pull handle or the "FIRE" handle must be used, if the Larsen-Loc® is specified.
- If the fire-rated option is required, see special dimensions for model numbers with the FS prefix in the table below.
H x W x D
H x W x D
H x W
H x W x D
|O-2409||24 x 9½ x 6||25½ x 11||25¾ x 11¼||24½ x 10 x 6¼||MP2½,MP5,MP5-A,
|FS||O-2409||24 x 9½ x 6||27 x 12½||27¼ x 12¾||26 x 11½ x 67/8|
|O-3216||32 x 16 x 8||33½ x 17½||33¾ x 17¾||32½ x 16½ x 8¼||PW2½,MP20,
|FS||O-3216||32 x 16 x 8||35 x 19||35¼ x 19¼||34 x 18 x 87/8|
NOTE: "FS" models denote Larsen's "Flame-Shield" fire-rated cabinets. When specifying Larsen's "Flame-Shield" fire-rated cabinet option for the Occult Series, refer to the dimension chart on this page and select from the models with an "FS" prefix. For complete details of the "Flame-Shield" option.
Door Glazings & Options:
|NOTE: All Occult Series cabinets comply with ADA wall projection guidelines.|